Friday, January 7, 2011

A letter for my Rotary Club back home and to whomever else it may concern

Dear Gardner Rotary Club (and whoever else wants to read),

First I would like to thank you for giving me this amazing, life changing experience. I will never be able to truly thank you for everything that has happened to me in my first 4ish months. If I had to leave now I would have so many experiences to hold close to my heart but I´m extremely happy that I have another 7ish months left to get to know more places and people and things of this awesome culture.

I have had extreme luck with my 2 host families. Both are very very friendly and I love spending time with them. they have truly been families to me, I never feel just like a guest. This has been a major successful part of my exchange. I also have found that I love getting to know new people of Chile, like other teenagers and such. I love spending time with them and trying to act like a normal Chilean teenager. :) But somehow people still figure out I´m a foreigner... :) haha

Right now I am in summer break here which gives me plenty of time to hang out with friends and family and travel in places around Santiago. Tomorrow I will be leaving for vacations with my first host family and their new student. I am very lucky to have this opportunity. With the rotary trips, I got to know the very tip of Chile, with this trip I will get to know the part above that now. I am very excited. They say that it is amazingly beautiful. I promise to take lots of pictures. :)


That´s it for now. Thank you all so much for all of your help and support and everything that you have done for me. This experience for me I will hold close to my heart for the rest of my life.

With lots of love,
Katie

No comments: